Halloween Lush Haul


It's that time of year: the time when Lush brings out all of the best, most festive products and if you thought for a second that I didn't go out the first day that the products hit stores to purchase them, then you think that I have much more self-control than I actually do. I'm sorry for deceiving you.

The Lush in the mall I go to is fairly new (two years old, tops) so I'm not sure if it was lacking in products the last few years or if Lush simply decided to release more products with its Halloween line this year, but I ended up purchasing way more products than I normally get to when it comes to Lush Halloween. I'm not complaining. In total, I purchased six products from the Halloween line, only excluding a shimmer bar, a body wash, and a soap (keep in mind Lush stores don't all carry the same products). Some I've used before and some I'll get to play with over the next few weeks, but without further ado, here is most of the Lush Halloween 2016 line.

Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb
$6.95
I've actually already used this one and I really enjoyed my bath with it. The different colors in the bomb spread out along my bath water, very much like fallen leaves do in autumn. The water itself smelled quite, well, fresh (Lush describes it as "freshly cut grass"), but I don't think it did much out of the ordinary to my skin. This one will be in stores until Christmas time.

Pumpkin Bath Bomb
$6.95
Can you guess why this one is called Pumpkin? I haven't used this one yet, but I'm excited to because I can't make out the smell--it's sweet, I think, but there's also a spiciness to it that I feel will be extremely enjoyable and comforting as the weather gets cooler and the days get shorter. Not to mention, the Lush magazine says that this one fizzes, and who doesn't love a fizzy bath?

Monsters' Ball Bath Bomb
$7.25
This one is definitely new. I would remember seeing this adorable one online or something if it wasn't. Like, hello, yes, please Monsters' Inc. I see you and I love it. I've seen a few demos of this one and it turns your bath a beautiful deep purple, but I have't tried it out for myself yet. It smells citrus-y and honestly just makes me want a limeade. I'm looking forward to experiencing a bath with this one--I might even keep the lights on to watch it envelope my bath water in full.

Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb
$7.45
Lord of Misrule is one of my favorite festive Lush bath bombs. Here until Christmas, this one is versatile for the season, being both spicy and earthy. I understand why it's a Halloween bomb, but if it was in the Christmas range (part of my always thinks it is), I wouldn't be thrown off. The bomb starts out green and then slowly but surely releases a layer of deep purple. Grab some hot chocolate and enjoy a long soak with this one.

Boo Luxury Bath Melt
$5.95
Around this time last year was my first time using a Lush bath melt and I honestly don't know why it took me so long to do so. They're fantastic. They do exactly as Lush advertises: soften and scent. I've never seen this one before, but I gave it a try for my first time tonight (2 October). It was a much spicier scent than I was expecting, but that's what I like, so I was quite pleased. The melt began to do just that as soon as I picked it up between my fingers, but it lasted a decent amount of my bath, slowly dissolving and helping my skin to not be terribly dry and damaged. I'd definitely repurchase this one.

Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar
$7.95
This one always goes over well around Halloween for all of us glitter lovers. It completely litters your bathtub with s beautiful golden glitter that will leave your skin shimmering for days (mostly because you can't get it off), but who cares? It's glitter and it's fantastic. I can never describe this scent, but the bar leaves your bath water orange and it takes less than half of one to create plenty of bubbles for your bath. They also last longer than most of my bubble baths do, I think. Whether that's true or not, this one is always a fun one to have through October.

Let me know which Lush products you love--Halloween or not, and remember that I'll be posting every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday through October for (a very lazy) Blogtober!

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig