Lazy Fashion: What to Wear When the Weather Won't Make Up Its Mind

It snowed last week and now the temperature is predicted to be in the mid-70s in a few days, which means my morning routine now includes a weather check before I decide on an outfit. You just never know what you'll wake up to, and you've gotta dress appropriately. That being said, I am lazy as anything when it comes to getting ready. I want to look cute, but with minimum effort, maximum comfort, and the appropriate type of dress for said weather. So to do so, I've put together about a week's worth of outfits that I can wear in numerous ways to match the weather conditions outside. To make everything a little easier, too, I reused a lot of the same items: two necklaces, two pairs of shoes,  two types of tights, and two sweaters are all you need to make these outfits into something a little different. Just please keep in mind that fashion is not my strong point (and neither are flat lays, really)!
Same dress, same general outfit, two different ways to warm it up. Personally, I don't like having too much going on. With this dress, depending on how cold it's gonna be, I'll choose between the scarf and a sweater or the tights. It looks cute both ways, and both are malleable enough to wear in the unpredictable weather. 
 This romper would look amazing with some sheer tights, but unfortunately, I don't own any. So I opt for the simplicity of the stripes and just wear a jacket outside. This one is good for the days that are in the mid-60s because the sleeves fall to right above the elbow and so it feels great in the sun, but still doesn't expose too much of your upper body.
 For the more casual days, I have the same t-shirt, made of the softest sweater-like material, in mustard and grey. Both fall loosely on the body and look adorable tucked into high-wasted jeans or flowing over low-rise ones. If you're still cold, put on an undershirt or a blazer and you're good to go.
Again, one for the warmer days. This green cold-shoulder sweater is a staple of mine: it's thick and warm, but the shoulders keep it breathable. It falls a little above my hips, so it isn't overbearing, and it pairs so well with these distressed shorts for when the weather gets too hot in the middle of the day, but pretty chill at night. Bonus tip: Bring another sweater to layer over this one and you'll be so cozy for those cold nights.
I love wearing this one when I need to look really nice at work. It's your typical skirt with opaque tights and the sweater helps to warm my arms and shoulders when the rush is gone, but it's so easy to shed when I'm running around like a mad woman at work and therefore sweating up a storm. The knotted tee helps to dress it down but the necklace keeps it done up enough that I can wear it when I manage.

I hope you guys like this post. I know it's pretty different than the ones I normally do, but I wanted to try something new.

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig