What I Got During the Sephora VIB Sale!

You may or may not be aware that Sephora recently had their VIB sale, where, as a VIB Rouge member (oops), you get 20 percent off (you get 10 percent for Insider, I believe). Well, I got a little excited for my 20 percent discount at that pricey little makeup store and got myself some goodies that I want to share you with you guys!

I got some essentials and some frivolous items, but it was a sale--what do you expect? Most of the items are well-known and loved, but besides the foundation, they're new to me, and I am excited! I've had the items for about a week and have put them all to the test, so I've got a bit of  first impression for every items for you guys, as well. Without further ado, here's what I got this past week from Sephora:
Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in the shade Light, $44
This is my Holy Grail foundation and I've talked about it before, so see my Top Four Favorite Makeup Items post about why I love it so much.

Marc Jacobs O!Mega Bronze Coconut Perfect Tan in the shade Tan-Tastic!, $49
I've only heard good things about this bronzer, and after using it for a few days, I can definitely see why. It's a light color, not really a bronzer you can use to contour, but more to add some color to your face in a natural way. The pan size is huge and the mirror is beautiful and so nice to have around when you're trying to get up close for something! Not to mention, the bronzer has that signature coconut collection summery smell. I'm about it.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, $62
I have wanted this palette for so freaking long. I love, love, love Hourglass. Their formulas are always so nice and their powders never seem to sit on my skin weirdly. And for someone who loves a good glow, they're my go-to. This palette adds a fresh, subtle glow to your face without being overwhelming or too pigmented. It's just the right amount. So far, I'm in love, and I think this is going to be so perfect for my winter makeup looks.

Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara in Ultra Black, $29
Samantha Ravndahl raved about this mascara, so naturally, I had to try it out. It claims it doesn't transfer, and so far, I haven't noticed any transfer. It is a little difficult to get off at night, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. It's a beautiful black, though, and it doesn't clump. So far, my non-existent lashes are a little more noticeable, and I'm a fan, I think. Also, it's worth mentioning that this mascara feels expensive. Like, it's heavy, and I'm in love with it's packaging, so add 10 points for that.

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer in the shade Porcelain, $29
My friend told me this concealer is being compared to Tarte Shape Tape, so I figured I'd give it a go. I'm never crazy about concealers, and I accidentally got this one a little darker than I wanted (it's for my under eyes and should have been a shade lighter), but it blends like a dream and has a nice full-yet-natural coverage. I also haven't noticed any creasing, so I'm pleased so far!


Youth to the People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser, $36
I'm always one the lookout for a new cleanser because I think skincare is so, so important, and when I saw this one, I had to try it! Ugh it's so beautiful and its packaging is sophisticated yet simple: aka everything I want in life. The cleanser itself has a subtle smell and is gentle, but it works into a lather nicely, leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean, and not too stripped of anything. Hopefully nothing changes. I've been using it once a day after I remove my makeup and before bed.

Let me know if you guys try any of these products or what you bought during the sale! I'm always looking to try new makeup!

xxx


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig