Tips for a Good Mood With Less Sun

Sun exposure has a lot of health benefits, including benefits for the mind. A lack thereof can cause us to feel slightly down. Personally, the colder months and the cloudier days that come with it can cause me to feel lethargic and, quite frankly, a little sad. To combat the effect the cloudy skies have on my mood, I have come up with a few tips that help me to stay positive and good during the colder months.
  • Read! This one is not for everyone, I know, but books always help to put things into perspective for me. It's nice to take on a different point of view every once in a while.
  • Listen to a happy making playlist. I have one of my own and I update it every year or so to fit my updated music needs and emotional needs. It's an easy and convenient way to keep your mood level up when the gloom seems a little too much.
  • Have a pamper night. Wash your face, take a bath with plenty of fun bath items, light some candles, moisturize everything. Read a book, watch your favorite movie or show. Do what makes you happy. And if a night isn't enough, make it a day. Take time for you. Your mind needs it.
  • Clean your room. This might be a personal thing, but clutter and mess make me feel like my life is out of control, and the lack of sun can worsen this feeling. A home detox is good sometimes.
  • Take a walk. Colder days tend to make for slower days, or so that's what everyone likes to think. Unfortunately, the world has become fast-paced. With social media and school and work, we're always on the go and we're always connected. Take a break and go for a walk--alone or with a friend--it doesn't matter, really. Just take time to enjoy what's around you.
I know these are only a few tips, but they're the ones that help me the most. Let me know how you combat the cold weather blues and I'll see you Friday for another day of Blogtober.

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig