The First Fall Bake: Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

It's the end of September, which means the beginning of fall, and since I am basic af, I wanted to do something with some pumpkin puree. I asked my boyfriend what he would want to eat, and of no surprise to me, he told me snickerdoodles. Off I went to find a recipe.

After running into  couple of recipe road blocks (i.e. cream of tarter and brown sugar), and taking a quick break to go to the store, I finally got to work.

Firstly, let me give a big shout out to My Food Story for supplying my inexperienced baker self the recipe. It's no secret that I am not the most creative in the kitchen, nor the most skilled, and this recipe did everything it needed to for me (meaning, it was easy, not a lot of mess, cheap/using supplies most people already have on-hand, and not too time consuming).

Secondly, my boyfriend is lame, so we omitted the chocolate chips and the peanut butter chips, but there is no doubt in my mind I am going to try them with all of their goodness next time! These ones were still delicious, just not by the book. I am linking the recipe here for your guys' convenience. Please use it!

Now to the cookies.
They were super easy to make, following the same pattern as always: mix the wet ingredients, mix the dry ingredients, then mix them together. You do have to let the dough chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, which I was not expecting, but it worked out because I forgot to preheat my oven to 350 degrees anyway, so I did that and watched some Harry Potter (per usual).

After visiting Godric's Hollow with Harry and Hermione, I decided the cookies were chilled enough, and I went to work rolling them in the cinnamon and sugar that makes a snickerdoodle, a snickerdoodle.

The recipe says to flatten the cookies a bit and to make sure there is a decent amount of room between each cookie for them to span out, so I placed six on a cookie tray, sprinkled some extra sugar on top, and let them bake for about 10 minutes.
I'm honestly not a huge snickerdoodle fan, but these ones were SO GOOD. They were so soft and chewy and the spices were such a nice touch--perfect for fall. I'll definitely be making them again before the season changes.

Let me know if you guys give them a try! I'd love to see some pictures of them, so tag me on Instagram @jojomariaaa if you do make them. And of course, comment below what your favorite fall baking recipes are.

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig