Autumn/Winter Skincare


I have the driest skin. Like, it's so dry that my face produces excess oil to try to combat the dryness, which in turn, makes me break out. It's a real pain in the ass. As the weather changes and the air gets dryer, so does my skin. My lips become chapped beyond belief, my fingers peel from the lack of moisture, and the skin on my face gets even worse. Today in fact, I had to apply more facial moisturizer than normal because my skin was sucking it in. It was a little disturbing, to be honest. Your face should not be begging for moisture when you moisturize twice a day. Ugh, my life.

Anyway, enough of my rant. Because of my dry skin, I work really hard in the autumn and winter months to try to keep it as healthy and moisturized as possible (it's a losing battle, but I try). I've tried a ridiculous amount of products in the past few years to help with my skin's lack of moisture, and I think I've finally found a few that work well for the colder months. Let's jump right in, shall we?

Tarte Maracuja Oil
$15 travel size tarte.com
I've used this oil on and off for probably two years now and every time I buy it again after not having it for a handful of months I wonder why I ever stopped including it in my skincare in the first place. Usually I use it at night in place of a nightly moisturizer because it gives my dry, dry skin the moisture that it needs over several hours. The oil is also really nice to drop into my foundation on days when I feel like my skin needs an extra boost because maracuja is a natural brightener.

bareMinerals Bare Haven Essential Moisturizing Soft Cream
$35 bareescentuals.com
This cream is for normal to dry skin types, which is my skin, so maybe that's why I like it a lot, but I think it's more of a texture thing for me. I don't like heavy creams on my face, or anywhere really. When I can feel something sitting on my skin it makes me feel grimy, so I tend to go for lighter creams and gels, like this one. It's moisturizing, but not insanely heavy, so putting it on doesn't feel disgusting to me. It also absorbs well into my skin, so I never really feel like I have to wait before putting my makeup on (although I still try to). In the summer this moisturizer can be a little too heavy, but it's perfect for the winter and helping to keep my skin from breaking out from the dryness.

Pixi Skintreats Nourishing Cleansing Balm
$20 target.com
I only like to use this balm three or four times a week because it's dso thick (see above discomfort explanation), but it works so well! I use it as a makeup remover, massaging it all over my face and neck and then using a damp washcloth to remove it. The balm turns into a thick oil, almost, when activated by your skin's temperature, and literlly melts away your makeup. It's gentle enough to use on my eyes, but powerful enough to remove my mascara. What's more, the washcloth helps to exfoliate. The balm contains cocoa butter and shea butter, so it also provides my skin with moisture while I cleanse. It's a great pamper night tool.

Hempz Herbal Body Moisturizer
$23 ulta.com
How many times can I talk about how much I dislike heavy moisturizers in one post? Well it's my biggest problem with dry skin, so I suppose it's  necessary observation. Lotions are always so heavy! Like why? I want to be able to go on with my life after I moisturize my hands and body; I don't want to be sticky and wet and gross. This moisturizer is light enough for me and still provides a very good bit of moisture. I actually just applied it to my hands and they smell delicious and feel fantastic.

Lush Floating Island Luxury Bath Oil
$3.95 lush.com
This bath melt not only smells delicious, but since it is made with cocoa butter and shea butter, it is extremely moisturizing. I like to use it with a bubble bar or bubble bath and just soak in all of the oils while I relax on a pamper night. It almost acts as a deep condition for your skin!

Lush Butterball Bath Bomb
$4.95 lush.com
The bomb is known for its moisture, so I suppose there isn't much to say. Again, it's made with cocoa butter, which we all know by now that I love (and is also extremely moisturizing). They also make this one into a Christmas bear and I love that one just as much.

Lush Buffy Body Butter
$12.95 3.3 oz lush.com
The King of Skin body butter from Lush helps to make your skin feel irresistibly soft, but I like Buffy more because it exfoliates as well as moisturizes. The exfoliater comes in two sizes, but I find that the small one lasts about a month or so, and that is good enough for me. I like to rub it all over my body after I cleanse in the shower and then I help to rinse it off by running my hands in circular motions on my skin while I allow the water to do most of the work.

As always, let me know your guys' favorite skincare items for the colder months! I'm always looking to try out new products (just remember to keep them cruelty-free). Much love and I'll see you guys again Wednesday for another day of Blogtober!

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig