The Best Movies and TV Episodes for the Halloween Season


I am by no means a partyer, so I do not look forward to Halloween for its social aspect, nor do I anxiously wait to go out trick-or-treating (considering I'm 22 and that's frowned upon). No, I look forward to Halloween because it commences the Holiday Season. And what better way to get yourself into the holiday mood than to marathon old TV shows and movies? Of course, ABCs--I mean Freeform's--13 Nights of Halloween covers some of the very best Halloween movies, but I like to throw in a few more, plus specific TV episodes to really get myself into the Holiday spirit. Here are a few of my favorites.

Hocus Pocus
Of course Hocus Pocus is at the top of the list. No Halloween would be complete without the Sanderson sisters making an appearance at least once. There isn't much for me to say about this one, considering its popularity around this time of year, but I couldn't simply leave it off the list. No matter how old I seem to be, Hocus Pocus never disappoints.

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
I am a Peanuts fanatic and since Linus is my favorite character, The Great Pumpkin is my favorite one to watch out of the Holiday Trio box set that I own. Waiting with Linus in that pumpkin patch is by far one of the best parts of October, if you ask me.

Harry Potter
Please, we all know every Harry Potter is perfect for any given day. Halloween is just another excuse to watch it.

The Nightmare Before Christmas (and every other Tim Burton film)
Tim Burton and his creepy aesthetic scream Halloween and I live for it. Seriously, put on any Tim Burton film around Halloween and I'm there. However, I do consider The Nightmare Before Christmas more of a Halloween movie than a Christmas one. Thus, now is when I advise you to watch it. 

Little Shop of Horrors
I guess the only reason I consider this a good Halloween movie is because I'm afraid of everything and the movie kind of gives me the creeps? I love it anyway and think Audrey II is a fantastic character to get to know during the Halloween season.

Halloweentown
This falls into the same category of Hocus Pocus. Being a Millennial, I grew up watching this movie and I consider it a Halloween staple. (The sequel is also a great one to indulge in.)

Scary Movie
I don't watch scary movies. Ever. But I do love scary movie parodies. This one is great for laughs and great for some '90s horror nostalgia.

That '70s Show: "Halloween". Season 2, Episode 5
The second season of That '70s Show is such a goldmine and this episode holds up that statement. It is hilarious and a nice twist from the ordinary sitcom Halloween episode theme. Plus, Fez is freaking hilarious in this one. If you need something festive yet quick to watch, this is a phenomenal choice.


Boy Meets World: "And Then There Was Shawn". Season 5, Episode 17
When I think of TV episodes involving Halloween, I think this one. Filled with the silliest references to other movies and TV shows of the late '90s, this episode is perfect for Halloween. Who doesn't want cheesy lines taken from Scream and other classics? The over-dramatization of how predictable '90s horror was is also quite appreciated. The episode, although cheesy, is hilarious in the best way.

As always, let me know your guys' favorite movies and TV episodes to watch around Halloween! I'm always down for a new movie to watch (as long as it''s not scary). And remember to check back on Friday for another day of Blogtober!



xxx


1 comment

  1. All The Simpson Treehouse of Horrors!!

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig