How To Spice Up Your Gift Wrap

Thanksgiving was last week, which means if you live in the US, the Christmas season has officially begun. If I'm being honest, I used to hate Christmas and everything that came with it, but as I've gotten older and come to terms with my baggageᵗᵐ, I've learned that I actually enjoy all of the decorating and gift giving that comes with the holidays. Of course I love giving people gifts, but I also love, love, love wrapping gifts. It's a craft to me. I spend a lot of time looking for the perfect wrapping paper, bows, string, and my new favorite: tags. Writing directly on the paper is so overrated, after all.

Sometimes I get a little crazy, adding pine and cinnamon sticks to my wrapping so that I have to glue them on, but it still looks simple, which is often the look I go for. I suggest buying cheap tags and decorations whenever you can snag them and then if you can incorporate them into your wrapping, great! Otherwise, they were like two dollars, so who cares? But let's get to the part of the post where I shut up (mostly) and share some of my wrapped presents and/or accessories.
It's still early in the holiday season, so I don't have too much variety right now (I'm sorry), but I aim to try to mix up how my presents look. Bows are cute, but it's nice not to have them on every present--especially when you have a bow thief cat living in your house. Try cinnamon sticks or holly or just some curled ribbon. That extra detail will make the presentation of your gifts that much cuter.
Honestly, buy or use whatever is cute to you. Personalize it. Doodle on some plain brown wrapping paper; use the busiest wrapping paper you can find and add some simple touches. Have some fun with it!

Please if you wrap some cute gifts, send me some pictures via Instagram!

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig