Snow Day Pancakes

I woke up yesterday with a layer of snow on the ground, a house full of newly bought groceries, and an intense desire for fluffy pancakes. I don't know if it's just me, but whenever it's super rainy or snowy and I want a cozy breakfast, pancakes are my go-to (it probably isn't just me), and I always like to do them up in the best ways I can think of.
I like to stick with the traditional recipe: flour, sugar, water or milk, eggs, baking powder--you can't go wrong. Honestly, just find a recipe on Google that looks best to you, but I use this one most of the time. If you want to, add some vanilla and cinnamon and you are good to go to top with whatever tickles your fancy. I personally go for berries and powdered sugar, but my boyfriend is a traditional smothered-in-butter-with-maybe-a-little-maple-sugar guy. Pancakes taste good with pretty much anything on them, so play around. (Bananas and cacao nibs are always a good choice, just saying.)
Whether you top them with bananas, nuts, chocolate, jam, peanut butter, whatever you want to, pairing your pancakes with a good movie or TV show (we chose Parks and Recreation) and looking out the window at the falling snow is completely unbeatable, even if it is all happening on the first day of spring!

Let me know what you like most on your pancakes!

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig