My Top Four Makeup Items

"Holy Grail" has never really been part of my makeup vocabulary, despite wearing tons of it every day. But recently I got to thinking about what products I love most, and I was able to pinpoint four that I keep going back to time and time again. Spoiler alert: they aren't cheap and they're not indie brands, but hey, you like what you like.

Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation, $44
I know this foundation isn't a crowd favorite, but I love the glowy, light-coverage thing, and whenever I can't decide on a foundation, I always go back to this one. It lasts me a couple of months and I can build it up (some) if I want a little more coverage that day. Plus, since it isn't thick in consistency, it applies well with a sponge or a brush, so I can change up how it looks depending on the day. I know Becca isn't the best with shade ranges, so I'm sorry for including this one, but it's the closest I can get to a HG foundation. Forgive me and let's all hope Becca gets it together.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in "Moonstone", $38
You've probably tried this one out before, and if you haven't, you've probably heard of it. I included the shade because it's the one I go for every single time, despite the large color range, but honestly, they're all beautiful and glowy. The wear time is also quite decent and the application is flawless, wet or dry. Highly recommend.

tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara, $23
Don't worry, guys, it's not all Becca--these next two are tarte (and no, neither of them are Shape Tape)! I think tarte are my favorite high-end makeup brand. I've only been disappointed with maybe two products in all of my years of makeup, and they're the first brand I really fell in love with. In fact, this mascara is the first makeup product I truly decided was ~the one~ for me. It dries out quickly, but it gives me eyelashes for a full day (because I have none otherwise), without clumping them or making me apply upwards of 10 coats. It doesn't really crumble on my eyes throughout the day and if I curl my eyelashes appropriately, this mascara really keeps them in place. I don't know what I'd do without it; my poor, naked eyelids would look horrendous!

tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Ave Princess, $30
It doesn't matter if you buy the matte or shimmer product, as long as you buy Park Ave Princess. It's so freaking beautiful. It's the only bronzer that I don't think looks too orange or fake on me and that still blends out on my face well--my cheeks tend to get a little patchy around the contour area. I think everyone tries this bronzer at least once; I just never stopped.

xxx


BUY THE PRODUCTS


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig