Easy Everyday Makeup

I am queen of spending too much time on my makeup. I can draw the process out for over an hour if given the time, and I'll love every minute of it. But sometimes I don't have over an hour and I've gotta just get something done quickly, like 20 minutes or less quickly, and I've finally gotten it down to a science.

I still use all of my basic products: foundation, concealer, highlight, etcetera. The main difference is the eyes. They're basic, but still done. What I like about the routine is that it's versatile and allows for my eyes to look a little different every time I do the look, without adding any extra time. So without further ado, here's my easy everyday makeup.

I always always, always start with my eyes, even if my eye makeup that day doesn't involve a ton of cleanup. When I'm in a hurry, I still apply eyeshadow primer and a base color, but then instead of doing some crazy eye contour, I'll choose a light color as a transition shade, which I apply with a fluffy brush to cover more ground. I also take the brush messily to my outer v. Then with a more precise brush, I apply a deeper shade in the crease and outer v. Afterwards, I take a lighter color, matter or shimmer, and with a classic eyeshadow brush, press it onto my lid, avoiding the outer v since I already have some of the transition shade there. If I want a little more, I'll take a pencil brush and run the transition shade on my bottom lid.

I take a break from the eyes as this point and apply primer and foundation all over my face. My face is always pretty routine. I use a concealer under my eyes, and set it with whatever pressed powder I have, which I then also take a fluffy brush into and apply all over my face. Then I contour, take whatever blush looks nice that day, and whatever highlight I want to use, and voila! My face is done and it's back to the eyes.

I comb through my eyebrows with a clear gel, take the shade "Activist" from the Tartelette In Bloom palette and with a flat liner brush, follow the natural growth of my eyebrows and fill them in. Then I apply a light shade as a brow highlight and an inner corner highlight, curl my lashes, and apply a couple of coats of mascara.

Done!

The look is simple, but still done enough that I don't look dead for my day ahead, and I never feel like I have to touch anything up.
Let me know what you guys do when you're in a hurry!

PRODUCTS USED
  • Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette shades "Golden Ochre" buffed through crease and outer v with a Zoeva 228 luxe crease brush, "Warm Taupe" through outer crease and outer v with Zoeva 231 luxe petit crease brush, "Primavera" placed on lid with Zoeva 227 luxe soft definer brush, "Tempera" as brow highlight and inner corner highlight using a Zoeva 325 luxe brow light brush
  • Wet n Wild Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer, applied with finger
  • Becca Velvet Blurring Primer Perfecting Base, applied with Urban Decay optical blurring brush
  • Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in shade "Fair", applied with Real Techniques sculpting brush
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Full-Coverage Concealer in shade "Fair Neutral", buffed out using a Zoeva 110 face shape brush
  • NYX HD Finishing Powder in "Translucent", applied under eyes using a small Morphe brush (no number or name), and then all over the face using a fluffy Morphe face brush (no number or name)
  • Nudestix Nudies All Over Face Color in shade "Illumi-Naughty, applied as highlight with ring fnger
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in "Park Ave Princess", applied using a Smashbox powder brush (no name or number)
  • Milani Baked Blush in shade "Rosa Romantica", applied with a Zoeva 127 luxe sheer cheek brush
  • NYX Control Freak Clear Eyebrow Gel
  • Tartelette in Bloom palette's "Activist" shade to fill in brows using a Zoeva 317 wing liner brush
  • Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascarea
xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig