Goals For the New Year

I don't believe in new year's resolutions. Resolutions are too fleeting; they're big changes that tend to be overwhelming and unappealing once the hype of the new year has come and gone. Personally, I try to make goals, and yes, there is a difference. A resolution is a decision to do something that is meant to be concrete; a goal is less daunting: it is an aspiration, something to be obtained, but not strictly. Or at least that's how I see all of this.

My goals are usually small and decently mundane as to make them obtainable and doable. I don't tell myself I'm going to eat better or go to the gym because the truth is, I know myself much too well and I'll never do either of those for an extended amount of time. Instead, I give myself a full year to accomplish three, four, or five different things that I strive to do in my life. That's the trick behind it all: you have to be passionate and involved in your goals if you want to accomplish anything in life, and my goals are always tiny things I've found joy in before rather than new things I know I won't have fun with. So without further ado, and in no particular order, here are my goals for 2018.
  • Take a photography course
  • Take an international trip and a domestic one
  • Read more books
  • Find new music
  • Start cooking meals
Let me know some of your goals for the new year! I'm rooting for you to reach them!

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig