2016 in Review


What a year 2016 has been. This year more than most, I feel like us as a society have witnessed some awful truths, but with all of the bad, I do believe there has been some good. I don't want to end 2016 on a bad note because bitterness gets us nowhere, so instead, through words and a few pictures, I want to reflect on some of the good that has happened to me. I understand that focusing on myself might be viewed as selfish or small-minded, but at the end of the day, this is what I as an individual have experienced, and therefore, what I am able to reflect on. I urge you to do the same. C'est la vie.

  • I graduated from my university with a 3.46 GPA and honors.
  • I left the United States for my first time and got to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen for a year plus.
  • I moved to a beautiful house with my roommates.
  • I got to visit my favorite place in the world, twice.
  • My brother got married.
  • One of my favorite bands, Sherwood, released a new album after being previously broken up.
  • I strengthened some very important friendships.

I hope you guys found some good in 2016, and I hope that 2017 delivers. 2016 has helped to lead you to where you need to go; run with it, and do your best to become what you need to be and do what you need to do.When in doubt, I hope you take comfort in some of my favorite words from Lewis Carroll: "Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it."

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig