How I Decided to Stop Caring

Photo by the beautiful and talented Sarah Nowak of Themindfulmuncher
I allow everything to weigh on me. I have a difficult time realizing that I am not, in fact, the foundation holding everything together, but rather just a piece of the puzzle, and if I was lost, the picture would still be clear. It took me a while to come to this conclusion, and I still struggle with it daily. But I had to stop. I was allowing my jobs and my school work and everything that should have only been an aspect of my life to completely swallow it and take it over. And I stopped doing what I needed to do for me.

Thankfully, a few months ago I kind of realized that enough was enough. It was hard, and I don't really know how I did it, but my quality of life is 10 times better now, and I want to share it with all of you! I'll do my best to list out three ways of how I decided to say f it and start enjoying myself more, but I can't promise they'll be the most clear. I hope you get something out of it nonetheless.

  1. Go after what you want, and if you don't get it, don't settle. This one is a hard one to carry out considering you have to take into account how far you can really go. Don't quit your job if you have bills to pay; I'm not telling you to be spontaneous. I'm just saying, if you are unhappy in any aspect of your life, try to fix it. There's almost always a way out, and living a low-quality life because of comfort isn't necessary. You aren't stuck, be it a job, school, a friendship, or a routine.
  2. Being responsible doesn't mean missing out on everything. I still struggle with this one, but don't let the cons always out way the pros. Sometimes "because I want to" is a good enough reason to do something. Buy the thing, take the day off, go on the trip. Whatever you have to do can most likely wait. And if one thing can't, that doesn't mean nothing can.
  3. Remember that you come first. You aren't here to please everyone. It's impossible. You're going to disappoint and you're going to let people down. Just don't let that person be you.
Photo by the beautiful and talented Sarah Nowak of Themindfulmuncher

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Do what makes you happy. It's a cliche for a reason; you should listen to it and take it to heart.

What ways do you make your days more worthwhile? Let me know in the comments!

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig