24 Years of Life Advice

Two years ago I wrote down 22 things I've learned throughout life. Two years later and I think I've learned a little bit more, so in honor of my 24th birthday, I've decided to share a little more wisdom. I know I'm still young, but I hope you get a little out of it nonetheless.
  1. A calendar with your bill due dates (or anything you don't want to forget) on it is a really good idea.
  2. Sometimes you have to throw in the towel, be it an idea, a project, or a book you've been struggling to get through. It's okay to not finish everything you start. We're only human.
  3. You can't grow if you're never challenged. Get out of your comfort zone and do something a little risky.
  4. If you want something, sometimes all you have to do is ask.
  5. If something doesn't seem right, it probably isn't.
  6. Don't let people dictate how you spend your money or enjoy yourself.
  7. If it's not hurting anyone, you don't have to explain yourself.
  8. If you can't follow, you can't lead. Be humble and stay grounded.
  9. Some things are better left behind.
  10. Take your own advice.
  11. Don't pass up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for anything other than yourself.
  12. Embrace changes that better yourself. Being stagnant isn't a good thing.
  13. Balance is key.
  14. We all do things we regret. Forgive yourself and move on as best you can.
  15. Sentimentality doesn't make you weak.
  16. Checking in with someone every couple of months can go a long way.
  17. Grow with the people around you.
  18. I highly recommend GAP insurance.
  19. Don't cancel all of your plans.
  20. Try a new restaurant once in a while.
  21. Embrace your flaws.
  22. Google synonyms.
  23. Learn a random fact or two, People enjoy them.
  24. Don't stop learning once school ends.
I know these 24 points don't all go together, but life doesn't fit perfectly into a box. Teach me something new so that I can add it to my list in a few years.

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig