My Everyday Skincare Routine

The little things are really the most important things, if you ask me, especially when it comes to taking care of yourself. Yes, baths, facials, massages, they're all nice, but they all take a little bit of time, money, and effort. Have them when you can--make the time for them--but don't rely on them alone to take care of yourself. Instead, take that extra five minutes every morning to upgrade your skincare.

I didn't realize how important skincare is until a few years ago, but goodness, has discovering it made a world of a difference in my life. It just feels so nice to really take care of yourself in such a minuscule way. Like who would've thought that putting lotion on my face would make me feel so refreshed? (I know everyone who has known about skincare their whole life is screaming at me right now.) Anyway, here is my skincare routine that I implement every single day. I tend to stick to these products because they work best for me, but remember that everyone's skin is different. Some people need more products in their routine, some people need less, and some people need different products all together. Experiment until you find what's best for you!

THE MORNING

Honestly, both my morning and night skincare routines are lazy, but that's okay! I wash my face in the shower, switching between the Pacifica Quinoa Sensitive Super Gentle face wash (mostly because it smells like Fruity Pebbles to me) and the KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser, and then every two or three days, I use some type of exfoliant (of which I'm not brand specific).
Daily exfoliating does not agree with my skin, so I make sure to only do it every few days.

Once out of the shower, I blot my face dry and then lightly tap the KORRES Wild Rose Brightening Eye Treatment under my eyes with my ring or middle fingers. I have dark under eye circles, so I use whatever I can to brighten them up, and I've found that this product has worked wonders for how tired I look all of the time. Next, I use the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum, and once that feels absorbed into my skin, I apply a generous amount of the KORRES Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing and Brightening Cream all over my face and neck. For both face products, I make sure to lightly tap or rub them into my skin. It's important to try not to pull at your face!

Then voila! I am all done and left with my dry, suffocated skin feeling refreshed and ready for my makeup.

THE EVENING

I tend to be pretty lazy after work, but I barely ever slack on my skincare, especially because if I do, I always, always, always am left with a breakout the next morning (thanks, sensitive skin).

I start with the obvious: removing my makeup. I use the Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Oil on my dry face and gentry rub it all over until my makeup looks as melted off as it'll get. Then I splash my face with lukewarm water. Afterwards, I use either my Pacifica or Korres cleansers again for a second cleanse, splash my face again, and blot my face dry.

Now that all of my makeup is off and my face is clean from the day's grime, I alternate between applying my KORRES Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil, the KORRES Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial, or both! Hey, my skin is dry and dull--I'll take all the help I can get.

And that's all I do! With both routines, I probably spend 10 minutes, tops, on my skincare, and none of this includes the obvious of applying lotion to my legs, arms, and hands, and chapstick on my lips (which I honestly only do both of at night 99 percent of the time).

I hope this inspires you to either begin or keep up with a skincare routine of your own! Start out with cheaper products and work your way up if you don't find something that works for you (I know all of mine are expensive, but if you can't tell, I'm quite loyal to KORRES and Caudalie).

xxx


BUY THE PRODUCTS!

         
      

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig