April Favorites

I haven't done a favorites post in a while, so I figure it's about time! You probably don't need a long intro, so let's just jump into what I was loving in the month of April.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter
I know I've mentioned this somewhere before because it's a staple for me. I use it everyday without fail. If I could, I would carry it with me and it would be the only lotion I used, but alas, the travel size isn't very practical because I always lose the cap. RIP. Cocoa butter is the only lotion that actually moisturizes my desert skin, and with the drastically changing weather (it literally snowed and then three days later was like 70 degrees), this has been the only thing to stop my hands (and all of my skin, to be honest) from flaking off and leaving me a pile of ash. It's underrated, if you ask me, and everyone should use it forever.

Lush The Olive Branch Shower Gel
I thought Lush discontinued this body wash, but I went in around the beginning of April and it was there, beckoning for me to bring it home with me, and I did. I've used it before and it's--just like Palmer's Cocoa Butter--a Godsend. And it smells AMAZING. Win-win. I seriously look forward to showering just so that I can use it, and it lasts for such a long time, which is definitely good considering it's not cheap. Try it if you see it.

Anastasia Soft Glam Palette
This palette was love at first sight, but I really started to utilize it this past month. Before that, none of the colors, although beautiful, were inspiring to me. But I guess with the changing weather, I've been wanting more orange and gold tones in my eye makeup, and this palette has been everything I've needed. It blends well, last well, is pigmented, and the colors are beautiful both wet and dry.

Lorac Santa Monica Palette
I bought this palette right before I went to Europe, and as soon as I got home I kind of placed it on the back burner. But I've rediscovered it recently, and I've been using it almost every day. More specifically, I've been using the colors Promenade and Silicon Beach everyday. They're both shimmery colors; Promenade is more of  brown with gold flecks; Silicon Beach is like a subtle rose gold. I'm in love with them both just swept lightly on the lid and blended out.

Caudalie Grape Water
I have two bottles of this stuff because they came with some Holiday gift sets I bought and for the longest time they just sat on my desk. Like what do you do with sprayable water? Well it turns out, I spray it on my face while I do my makeup, and it makes everything wear and set 10 times better. I'm not sure if it's because I have dry skin or if this stuff is simply magic, but I'm glad it's landed in my everyday routine.

Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Dewy Lumineux Face Primer
This is the best luminous primer I've ever used. I love how it looks under my foundation and by itself. I've had a few days where I've been so reluctant to cover up its amazing glow that I've skipped foundation altogether. Even with my spotty skin, after I rub this primer on my face everything looks corrected and healthy. It's like five dollars at Target. Invest.

The Greatest Showman
Okay, so this movie has been a favorite since it came out, but it was released on DVD at the beginning of April, and I've already made use of it numerous times. I'd give you a synopsis of the movie, but you probably already know the premise as well as all of the songs by now. If you haven't seen The Greatest Showman yet, do it now. It's worth the hype. I promise.

Riverdale
Again, worth the hype. I binge watched the entire first season and caught up to the second season in a week. A WEEK. Basically, if you don't already know, the show is lightly based on the Archie comics. It follows a group of kids around as they try to solve murders and other dark secrets of their surface perfect town. I'll admit, I've been watching Riverdale since March or so, but I'm still obsessed and it's still a favorite. And I'm forever in love with Jughead.

Well, those are my April favorites! Sorry this post is so long. I wasn't expecting that at all. I just kept remembering everything I loved through the past month. Let me know what you guys loved through April!

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig