Podcasts, Podcasts, Podcasts

Podcasts are in. It feels like everyone I know lately is either working on one or talking about one, and there are a lot out there. If you're not familiar with podcasts, they're pretty diverse; there's one for everyone: politics, humor, sports. You name it, there's probably a podcast about it or pertaining to it. So I wanted to jump on board and share my three favorites with you guys. I like funny ones, so they're all perfect for a good laugh, and they're all similar and different at the same time. They're my most played as of recent, and whenever I want to hear a different take on something or someone, I turn to these three. Maybe you guys will, too.

Not Too Deep with Grace Helbig
I've been subscribed to Not Too Deep since its first season in 2014 or 2015. Basically, Grace takes the classic let's-interview-a-celebrity-about-themselves podcast format and flips it on its head: she bases the content on humor, and as the title outright says, doesn't allow it to get too emotional or too deep. The questions are silly, and I always find myself laughing out loud for the entire hour long segment. Her guests are almost always Internet celebrities or content creators (AKA people I'm very interested in) and her producer/director Jack Ferry often chimes into the conversations, providing educated information (coined "Jack checking") to the hilarious interviews.
Each season has evolved slightly so that the content doesn't get boring or outdated, but Grace always keeps to her original idea of surface fun and enjoyment. For every new guest, Grace asks the same two questions at the end of her interview segment. Then she takes questions from people who have Tweeted, commented, etc. directed at the episode's guest and allows conversations to stem from those. It's fantastic. If you're looking for some light-hearted laughter, definitely check this one out.

Popcorn with Mitchell Davis & Jack Ferry
I found Popcorn through Not Too Deep, and it's quickly become a favorite. Mitchell Davis has grown with the Internet, creating YouTube content since MySpace days, and Jack Ferry is an accomplished director and producer of a variety of different projects. Together, they invite guests on to review and discuss movies. So far, they've been older movies we've all mostly seen as kids, but the show is only in its second season, so who knows where they'll go with it.
I'm loving the setup they have now, though. Have you ever watched a childhood movie, or a movie that came out years ago, from an adult perspective? They're so different! And Jack, Mitchell, and their guest literally have me crying with laughter while they dissect the scenes of so many movies I've forgotten about. The movie buff (or just someone who likes nostalgic things) will like this one, I have no doubt about it.

Entry Level with Brooks Wheelan
I'm still new to this podcast, but Brooks is hilarious, and so are first jobs, so it's quickly put itself up there on my list. Maybe it's because I'm going through the job search right now and haven't gotten to my dream job yet, but either way, it's relatable and I'm loving it thus far.
The concept is simple: Brooks talks to people in different creative fields about the jobs they held before they got to the one they're in now. They share stories and anecdotes, and some people's first jobs are interesting, to say the least. I love hearing the different perspectives of the jobs and the different experiences everyone's had.

Let me know what podcasts you guys like to listen to!

xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig